If you are like our family it’s an annual tradition to have sausage balls Christmas morning. I tried several recipes after going gluten free, but most were dry and not very good. I tweaked this Betty Crocker recipe (cause I like to add a little more meat) and I can promise you these are meaty cheesy yumminess! These are also great reheated in a microwave if you have any leftovers.
- 3/4 cup Bisquick™ Gluten Free mix
- 8 oz bulk pork sausage (I prefer Jimmy Dean Sage)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed (you can use fresh for extra flavor)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients except barbecue sauce. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place in pan.
- Bake uncovered 22 to 26 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm with barbecue sauce or mustard for dipping.